Rye. One of the most popular ingredients for making wine is rye. We highly recommend this raw material, for the following reasons:
1) when compared to fruit, it is very cheap, especially, that after draining the wine, the remaining rye can be dried and used for various purposes, if only for food.
2) the ease and speed of obtaining a good wine.
3) it requires almost no auxiliary devices and apparatuses, so grinders, pras, no cooking or brewing.
It should be ticked further, that rye wine imitates indiscriminately even better types of grape wine. Rye wine is a healthier product than grape wine, because it only contains citric acid, which is much more beneficial for the body than wine, this wine, carefully processed, is characterized by complete clarity, beautiful color and shine.
Rye wines added to other wines, speed up their clarification. Bearing in mind the above considerations, we recommend it to everyone, especially beginners in making home wines, that they try to make rye wine first, because not only will they receive a tasty and nice product, but it will encourage them to improve the production of this wine, which, if carried out on a large scale, would be of great economic and hygienic importance for the country, This is due to the increase in the consumption of sugar in the country and the replacement of strong alcoholic beverages with wine so harmful to health.
Make rye wine on 10 liters:
1) two liters of rye, clean mechanically, wash with previously boiled and cooled water. Rye should be washed out quickly, it took 6 minutes, to avoid washing away the ingredients valuable for wine from the rye skin.
2) The rye prepared in this way is poured into a gander 10 liters, floods 1 liter of citric acid solution (1 liter of water. 40 gr. acid) in boiled and cooled water for 2-4 hours. This treatment is aimed at sterilizing the rye, i.e.. destruction of unwanted bacteria. Do not drain the added citric acid, for he will give the wine its proper acidity.
3) After the rye is sterilized, add it 4 liters of water, in which they were boiled and rummaged 1 kg. sugar, and 4 g. special nutrient solution ,,Secalum "or as a last resort" Phosphosal”.
4) Add any multiplied "Vinum" yeast, e.g.. "Tokay" i po 1 the day, add the rest of the sugar in the form of a syrup.
5) Prepare the syrup, by adding to 1½ liter of water 1½ - 2 kg. sugar. The added syrup should be stirred, so that the sugar does not settle to the bottom of the pan.
6) After at most 3 weeks to draw fluid from over grain and sediment into the bottle or barrel, filling them with the liquid completely and plug the fermentation tube or pour paraffin oil or pure olive oil and plug it with cotton wool. When it starts to clear up, filter and draw into bottles.
Wine – Wheat, maize. Do the same as with rye, however, this wine is no match for rye.